Macmillan Cancer Support
Need information about cancer?
You can get cancer information in Monmouthshire from:
- The libraries/community hubs where you will find Macmillan booklets on specific cancers, financial information, on the emotional impact of cancer, healthy eating an how to stay active. Some of the Macmillan information is available in accessible formats as CD, E-Books and in other languages.
- Also available are books on general wellbeing and cancer recommended by Macmillan.
- The Macmillan Coordinator who can arrange one to one information sessions to help find cancer information, and signposting to other local help and support.
- The Macmillan support line for information on cancer, finances and the emotional impact of cancer, call free on 0808 808 0000 Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm.
- Or you can visit the Macmillan website at www.macmillan.org.uk.
Cancer research UK
Nurse Helpline 0808 800 4040
4 in 10 Cancers can be prevented
These are proven ways to reduce the risk of cancer:
- Be smoke free
- Keep a healthy weight
- Eat fruit and veg
- Drink less alcohol
- Be sunsmart
- Eat less processed and red meat
- Eat a high fibre diet
- Be active
- Eat less salt