We are pleased to announce that from the 19th March 2018, we are moving to a new appointment system called ‘askmyGP’.
We are moving to this new system to improve access to medical care for our patients. We hope you will find it easier to see or talk to the GP of your choice and at a time convenient for you.
Some of your queries might be dealt with over the phone and those patients who need a face-to-face appointment being seen on the day that they contact us.
How will it work?
- Ask your GP online or over the phone.
- Your GP will work out how to help, and the practice will usually respond within an hour (during opening times). Sometimes, it might take up to 2 hours.
- Your GP will either arrange a Face to Face appointment, a phone call or deal with your request with the information you provided.
How to use the new system
Patients can use the new Online system, call reception or attend the surgery reception.
To use the online system:
- Click the ‘askmyGP’ link above
- The first time you use askmyGP, you will need to create an account – which should take no more than 2 minutes.
- Answer 3 short questions about your problem.
- If you like, you can direct your query to the doctor of your choice, as long as they are working that day (see below)
- The doctor will make contact usually within an hour but it may take up to 2 hours (during our opening hours only – see below)
- You are always offered an appointment to see one of our GPs on the same day, there is no need to book in advance.
Opening Times and Out of Hours
We are open Monday to Friday 8.00am – 6.30pm.
We are closed all other times, and bank holidays.
If you submit a question online when we are closed, it will be dealt with when we are next open.
Outside of our opening hours, please contact Gwent Out of Hours on 01633 744 285.
We have extended hours 7:30am to 8:00am and 6:30pm to 7:30pm on a Tuesday & Wednesday (alternating weeks).
General medical advice is available from NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 or www.nhs.uk
Here is a list of when your doctors will usually be working. This might vary slightly from week to week.
Dr Megan Rose: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Dr Douglas Campbell: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Dr Lauretta Hughes: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Dr Rachel Hughes: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (Half Day), Friday
Dr Ellis Hughes: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (Half Day), Friday
Dr Billie Murphy: Thursday
for more information about the team, please click here.
We operate a Minor Illness system with a Practice Nurse for same day emergency appointments. If you feel you must be seen immediately please telephone the surgery and a member of the reception team will assist you.
If you are making an appointment and you haven’t seen the doctor for a while please check this link:
You have a right to express a preference to receive services from a practitioner of your choice. For more details please check this link:
Failure to attend appointments Policy
Please note – Due to an increase in the number of wasted appointments through patients failing to attend appointments without informing the surgery it has become necessary to implement the following procedure:
If you repeatedly fail to attend appointments you may be removed from this practice list and required to find an alternative Doctor. If you cannot attend your appointments for any reason please let us know as soon as possible, giving at least 24 hours notice. We can then offer the appointment to someone else.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Home visits are for patients who are too ill to attend the surgery, not for people who have difficulties with transport. Please ring before 10.00am because this helps the doctors to organise their working time.