Monmouthshire North Cluster
Cluster Lead Dr Brian Harries
There are 2 Neighborhood Care Networks (NCNs) in Monmouthshire (North & South) with registered populations of 53,701 and 47,353 respectively.
General Practices in Monmouthshire North
There are seven GP practices operating in the Monmouthshire North (NCN) Cluster area.
What we are working on?
The NCN has agreed 3 key priorities which underpins its 2020-23 Integrated Medium Term Plan (IMTP):
- Delivering Care Closer to Home
- Tackling loneliness and social isolation
- Building sustainable Primary care in the face of a growing population
What we have already done
Undertaken a comprehensive needs assessment to inform our IMTP priorities over the next 3 years.
- Practice based Pharmacists providing expertise for high number of patients reliant on increasingly complex medications;
- Prescribing savings of £8,000;
- Secured funding to develop Integrated Well-Being Centre’s;
- Dementia Roadmap & new schemes, DEWIS Cymru funding;
- Remodeled GP Practice based dietician role;
- Improved links with Council planning/ housing team;
- Higher flu up-take than the Wales average in all three target groups
- Dedicated sustainability/workforce planning discussions, introduced Care Navigation
- Continue to ensure NCN development plans reflect local need;
- Continue to work in partnership with Primary & Secondary Care, Third Sector and local populations to support the delivery of the Care Closer to Home strategy;
- Continue to work with GP Practices to understand issues with sustainability and identify & maximise areas for cross-practice working;
- Continue to commit to NCN funding to test new schemes/ services linked to NCN Plan priorities.